Murder is one of the most dangerous offenses all around the world. However, many people in this country are not familiar with the laws related to the offense. Most of them do not even know the legal definition even. But they cannot be blamed for this. Because both state and federal laws in the case of murder are the most complex of all the criminal laws.
Murder is generally defined as the unlawful killing of a human being. This general definition is applied differently from state to state. There are many situations resulting in death that can be deemed as murder or homicide. Homicide is an act resulting in the death of a human being. Homicide can be criminal or non-criminal. Murder is a more serious charge of homicide that comes with increased penalties.
Types of Murder
2. Killing someone with intent to cause serious bodily injury.
3. Killing resulting from recklessness or depraved heart.
4. Offense committed by an accomplice during committing, attempting or escaping from certain felonies.
These are general classifications. There are also classifications of murders according to degrees. Here is a brief discussion about them
1. The one that is premeditated as well as willful is called murder of first degree.
2. Thee one that is not premeditated or planned in advance is the second degree one.
3. The one in which no prior intent was there to kill the victim but the circumstances were such that the offender was emotionally or mentally forced to commit the offense is known as voluntary manslaughter.
4. The one in which the victim was killed unintentionally but due to criminal negligence is known as involuntary manslaughter.
When a drug or substance, such as opium, heroin, cocaine, or any natural or synthetic salt, is distributed with the knowledge that consumption of said drug will kill the user. Or, when the substance is prepared by a person over the age of 18 for use, with knowledge that use will result in the user’s death.
With any of these instances, if the crime is attempted by not completed a charge of attempted murder, attempted homicide or attempted manslaughter can be given.
So from the above discussions you must have already understood that a charge of murder will require adequate legal representation in Oakville to get free from such a charge. You will need the assistance of a very good criminal attorney to fight a charge of this serious offense. Because a good criminal attorney will be able to provide you the proper guidance to how to face the cops, how to face the trial, how to face the sarcastic questions of the prosecution and so on. All in all, you will be able to face a murder charge successfully and give your future a better chance.